March 2017 Greenville SC Real Estate Statistics
According to the Greater Greenville MLS data for March 2017, Greenville SC real estate market is generally good as we finished the first quarter of the year. Similar to that of the rest of the country, the housing market experienced its strongest market since the past decade. Let’s look at some housing data facts in March for Greenville SC real estate market:
Greenville SC Real Estate Statistics*:
- Homes purchased in the Greenville SC real estate market one year ago have appreciated by an average of $16,835.
- The median sales price was up 8.25% compared to this time in 2016. The median sales price rose from $195,483 to $212,318 over the last 12 months.
- The average days on the market of Greenville SC real estate is 62 days from previous 78 days of the same period last year.
- List to sold price ratio of Greenville SC real estate is 97.67%, up by a small fraction from last year’s 97.24%
- Total Greenville SC real estate listed was 1763, up by 3.57% from last year.
- Total Greenville SC real estate sold was 1162, up by 8.05% from last year.
With the median home prices rising 8.25% since this time last year coupled with rising mortgage rates, buying a home will be a challenge for many first-time home buyers. This market condition definitely favors the sellers as we’ve seen many multiple offer situations. Working with an experienced buyer’s agent will surely help you structure your offer to get accepted especially in this competitive market!
For sellers, this is the best opportunity to put your home on the market as there not enough inventory to meet the buyers demand. Undoubtedly, we often hear this question from our clients: how much is my home worth? When you are ready, contact us today for a free market value analysis of your home. This is a free service, no obligation!
*These numbers cover all of Greenville SC and the surrounding areas, including Simpsonville, Taylors, Greer, Mauldin, Fountain Inn, and Travelers Rest. If you have any questions about this real estate market report, do not hesitate to contact us. We’d love to hear from you!