Finally, you’ve sold your home and you’re ready to move to your new Greenville home.
Moving out after you sell your home also needs planning. You shouldn’t plan your move near closing or after you close the home you sell. You should start planning after you decided to sell your home coz it may look and sound simple but in reality it takes a lot of effort and you are going to need help.
Since moving is not an easy task, you need to be organized so it will be easier for you once you move. Having a checklist will help and make moving easier. Use this moving checklist to make sure that moving out will be easy and successful.
Moving To Greenville Checklist
6-8 weeks prior to your Greenville moving date
- Sort and purge – Take inventory of household items, and decide whether to keep, donate, or sell them.
- Pack – Pack up non-essential items and out of season goods/clothes.
- Sell or donate – Hold a garage sale or donate items.
- Get qoutes – Get quotes from movers, car movers, moving trucks (ex. U-Haul, Penske, Enterprise), and storage facilities.
- Collect records – Obtain medical, dental, and insurance records (school records for children).
- Find an agent to sell or lease property – Secure a real estate or property management agent to handle property sale or lease.
2-4 weeks prior to your Greenville moving date
- Reserve movers – Reserve movers, moving trucks, and/or storage facilities.
- Cancel services – Cancel recurring services/memberships, such as newspaper, cable, water, electricity, gas, trash collection, sewer, internet, lawn, pool, gym, and landline.
- Notify government offices – Notify the Department of Motor Vehicles, Social Security, IRS, and update your voter registration.
- Change of address – Set up a forwarding address with USPS, change address for banks, credit cards, insurance companies, etc.
- Start packing – Pack by separating items for movers and for yourself to take with you.
1 week prior to your Greenville moving date
- Pack for travel – Make sure to take items with you that aren’t suitable for movers to move, such as valuables, pets, plants, etc. Also, be sure to bring items you may need during travel and your first few days of move-in, as well as cleaning supplies for the new place.
- Confirm movers (and babysitter for children) – Confirm your reservation with movers; sign a bill of lading, and, if needed, secure a friend/relative to watch over small child(ren) on the moving day.
- Clean – Start cleaning the old home to save time on your last day.
Greenville moving day
- Final walkthrough – Do a final walkthrough to ensure nothing is left behind.
- Final clean and inspect – Ensure the place is cleaned.
Download a printable copy of this Greenville moving checklist here.